Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Applying Tourist Visa / Schengen Visa 2013 ---------------(2016 UPDATED)


Hello everyone :)

I decided to start my blog to be able to share my experience and hope to help someone in the future :)
 For the 1st timer applying for tourist visa in Netherlands this must be stressful because
 you want to make sure that everything is good or goes in your plan.



The very 1st thing you have to do is to pay in Union bank you will need the receipt number so you are able to make appointment in embassy :)
after payment you have to wait 24 hours before i can use the receipt
Nov. 5 2013(thursday) : I paid the visa fee in unionbank
                                         
Union bank payment form



Nov. 6 2013(Friday):  I was not sure that time what I supposed to do next after I pay in UNIONBANK, so I called in VFS, the site you are going to contact to make appointment at the Embassy (You cant contact the embassy  directly to make an appointment. You have to make an appointment with embassy) the funny thing is that while I was talking with 1 of the agent in VFS they told me that if I completed the requirement I could call back and I could make appointment anytime, which made me happy because I was expecting like they going to  give me a date and wait like 2 weeks for an appointment (that pretty long for someone excited) btw while I was talking with the agent my brother knocked on my door and said I had mail (OHH yesszz, its the invitation letter from my boyfriend (that time), the only document I needed) so I told the agent I completed the requirements and asked if I could make an appointment and she said yes, so I chose the nearest date I was available: November 11 (weekdays,NOSCHEDULE@School)
TAKE NOTE/update 2016:                                 The VFS updated their site. please check this link for making an appointment  Make an Appointment in Embassy 
Nov. 7(Saturday): I fill up and sign the schengen visa form/get certificate from school said that I'm enrolled ...          
                                   Travel insurance that embassy required (click here)               
                                   Where we get cheap ticket ? (click here)
Nov 10 (tuesday): make copies of all documents
November 11, 2013 (wednesday): I woke up 5:08 a.m, I left my house early enough. At the middle of my way going to embassy, the traffic got much worse so I decided to take the MRT but when I got in the MRT and already got card the guard asked me to go in line... a very long line. I started to feel that I wasn't going to make it, so I called him (my husband). Then, I decided to take a taxi. I was so worried and told the driver about my situation and asked him to find a shortcut. And even though he could earn money from me he advised me to take the MRT in Santolan because there are less people in that station. And yeah, he was right... but 4 trains passed me before I could finally get in, which really made me sad... When I got in Ayala it was already 10am and I started to accept that there was no way I could make it.... Walk walk walk... At exactly 10:30 (1 hour and 30 minutes!) I arrived at the embassy and the guard told me they had to cancel my appointment because I was late... When he checked my name it said my middle name is Pasiong, which is completely wrong ... It should be Casiong.
The guard asked me to reschedule. Well, what canI do?? I went downstairs and ate in mcdo. I called him (myhusband) to tell him I did not make it... After I called him I called the VFS to reschedule and they rescheduled me for the next day, same time 9 am... When we checked my address it said Lrh... It should be Nha...
Middle name and address wrong??? BIG NO NO NO! MAYBE I would have found out during the interview that my middle name was wrong, but not the address. They don't ask if the address is wrong in the interview, so no way I would have known about it. So no way I could have corrected it and so they would have sent my passport to the wrong address. How many decades would it have taken
before I got my lost passport! lol :) So everything was worth it... I guess this just wasn't my day. :)
                                           11-11-2013 TRAFFIC -_-
November 12, 2013(Thursday): I left 4am that was early and there is no traffic ( yupiii) in less than 1 hour I gOt there, Imagine the day before that it took me 4 hour and 30 minute to go there ...grrr..
btw  when I got there the building was still close so I stayed in Burger king and Mcdo have breakfast and talk with my husband ... sooo nervous 
View from the Embassy (Mooi)
November 15, 2013(Sunday): 10:19 a.m exactly, I receive a call from VFS that my passport is ready to pick up :) 2 days processing that was faster that even what we expected :) :) :) but thats good, when I ask the agent if i got a visa or not they don't know I have to see it myself ... ok ok 
.
.
my passport :') and 
.
.
.
.
.
.
VISA APPROVED!!!



July 19, 2013: Going to Netherlands !!!! :) 



 AFTER 15 HOURS FLY WITH KLM 
After 7 and half months we finally met AGAIN !!
CELEBRATING CHRISTMAS & NEW YEAR
TOGETHER

I Stayed for exactly 21 days in Netherlands, I cant use the 90 days because that time I am graduating college student :) love is sacrifice lol 
but time is fast.. 
JANUARY 9 2014 --GOING BACK IN THE PHILIPPINES
(Thank you for reading, hope it helps in your journey)































No comments:

Post a Comment